FREE UK Delivery
FREE Click & Collect from our Showroom
Upshift is very excited to introduce the QS-220-PL by Qubic System, an industry-leading motion actuator set for your sim rig. The QS-220-PL actuators offer performance unmatched by anything else in the market, with an outstanding 800mm/s maximum velocity! This higher velocity figure transforms the motion experience; the motion feels more energetic and vigorous, much more like the physical experience of driving in reality. Combined with the maximum acceleration of 0.8G (limited for safety, not by hardware capability) and 100mm actuator stroke, these performance figures translate into providing a highly immersive & authentic motion simulation experience.
The Qubic System QS-220-PL Upgrade Set is for users who already have a set/sets of QS-220-PL attached to their rig with the motion controller. To upgrade your motion setup to higher DOF, you simply add another set of QS-220-PL actuators to your platform.
The QS-220-PL actuators are compatible with a variety of sim rigs, so these actuators can simply be added onto your existing sim rig to transform it into a motion platform! Alternatively, if you don't already have a rig already and want a Full Motion Platform with the rig and actuators all included, we recommend the Qubic System CH1 (coming soon).
Aside from the market-leading performance of the actuators, another key strength of the QS-220-PL set is its modularity: you can sequentially add more sets of the QS-220-PL to your setup, starting perhaps with one/two sets obtaining up to 3 DOF (Degrees of Freedom) setup, to fit your budget and/or get familiarised with having a motion set on your rig. Then, when you want to upgrade to a higher DOF setup, you can simply add on another set. This is a perfect approach for people whose budgets don't allow them to spend lots of money on an high DOF motion setup all at once, allowing you to gradually and sequentially build up your setup, incorporating more QS-220-PL sets and thus obtaining higher DOF. Of course, you can choose buy 2 or 3 sets of the QS-220-PL at once, and immediately have a higher DOF setup with 4 or 6 actuators - the choice is yours!
The Qubic System QS-220-PL actuators come with 3 different 'driving modes': Heavy Duty mode, Performance Mode and Q-Mode. These 3 operating modes provide different options to optimally suit your usage; if you're wanting the full maximum attack experience, you run the actuators in Q-Mode. If you have a heavy payload, you run the actuators in Heavy Duty Mode. Full specifications of the performance figures in each mode are in the description further down the page.
The QS-220-PL set comprises 2 x QS-L1 linear actuator with cup holder base, 1 x QS-SB2 power cabinet (the control module), 1 x QS-SBML-2 motion lock cable (up-link/down-link) and a power cable with plugs for UK, EU & US sockets (between 1.8m to 2m in length depending on country specification).
Also included is a license for the Qubic Manager software, professional and specialised software developed by Motion Systems for the platform which is "click and play" compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC, and constantly updated to support new applications as they are released. The Qubic Manager software gives the user the possibilities of motion adjustments, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic or easy & fast use of predefined profiles. The Qubic Manager is a powerful engine yet it’s simple to use meaning you can adjust levels of motion, bumps, roll & pitch with a click of a button. There is a comprehensive user manual provided which covers the setup, installation, maintenance and other key aspects of ownership.
QS-220-PL - PERFORMANCE LINE
Linear actuator technology by Motion Systems allows to develop highly realistic applications with detailed motion textures, velocity, suspension interaction feedback, engine vibrations, tactile feedback, haptic system and vehicle dynamics.
Innovative technology, modular and compact design, as well as the quiet operation makes the QS-220-PL as a perfect motion base not only for professional application but also for home users in various types of cockpits. Additional sets of QS-220-PL can be configured as a 4 and 6 actuated system to provide 3 / 4 / 6 DOF using dedicated cockpits from Qubic System product line.
By using dedicated software Qubic Manager the user can use several sets to create the most realistic simulation that immediately responds to onscreen situations to deliver real life experience in gaming or VR applications. Motion Systems is a global leading motion platforms brand for professionals and the most demanding home users. For over 10 year the company has been designing and providing bespoke motion solutions for industry and cutting edge technology for racing and flight simulation.
Patent pending technology of QS-L1 linear actuators from Qubic System Performance Line allows to develop highly realistic applications with detailed effects from simulation telemetry. Motor drivers have been designed by Motion Systems company to do just one job, to control motors in vehicle simulator applications and they are exceptionally good at it.
Included power cabinet (control module) QS-SB2 is responsible for the power distribution and communication to handle telemetry signal processing where motion controller dispatches the commands to drivers which parse the incoming command as soon as the command arrives. Control module sets the motion and vibration cues for each single actuator. The driver works with both 115V and 230V power network without any adapters or voltage converters.
General specification of QS-220-PL set:
- Architecture: 2 / 3 / 4 / 6 DOF (depending on user configuration and number of modules)
- Actuator stroke: 100 mm | 3.93 in
- Maximum velocity:
◦ Q-Mode (230V): 800 mm/s
◦ Performance Mode (115V/230V): 400 mm/s
◦ Heavy Duty Mode (115/230V): 300 mm/s
- Maximum acceleration:
◦ Q-Mode (230V): 0.8G*
◦ Performance Mode (115V/230V): 0.7G*
◦ Heavy Duty Mode (115/230V): 0.4G*
*value of acceleration is limited for safety reasons
- Recommended payload in 3DOF (2x QS-220-PL) configuration:
◦ Q-Mode: 200kg
◦ Performance Mode: 250kg
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 350kg
- Maximum control frequency: 1000 Hz
- Vibrations frequency range: 0-100 Hz
- Latency: <8ms
- Product weight: 30 kg | 66 lb
- Total length: QS-L1: 90 mm | 3.55 in, QS-SB2: 385 mm | 15.16 in
- Total width: QS-L1: 90 mm | 3.55 in, QS-SB2: 300 mm | 11.81 in
- Total height: QS-L1: 553-653 mm | 22-26 in, QS-SB2: 88 mm | 3.46 in
- Cable length (QS-L1 actuator - QS-SB2 Power cabinet): 1150mm | 45.2 in
- Power supply requirements: 115/230 VAC Single Phase
- Average power consumption in 3DOF configuration:
◦ Q-Mode: 260W (230V)
◦ Performance Mode: 280W (230V), 270W (115V)
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 436W (230V), 462W (115V)
- Peak current for breaker specification in 3DOF configuration:
◦ Q-Mode: 5.17A (230V)
◦ Performance Mode: 4.55A (230V), 7.35A (115V)
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 5.88A (230V), 9.89A (115V)
- Connection: USB
Even most advanced hardware is nothing without good software. Qubic Manager by Motion Systems company is professional and specialized software for the platform and is "click and play" compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC and constantly updated to support new applications as they are released. Gives user possibilities of motion adjustments, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic or easy and fast use of predefined profiles. The Qubic Manager is a powerful engine, yet it’s simple to use meaning you can adjust levels of motion, bumps, roll and pitch with a click of a button. Qubic Manager software license is free-of-charge.
Few main features:
- Over 80+ already integrated and supported racing games and professional simulation applications
- Included VR Headway technology uses advanced mathematic formulas to calculate necessary compensation and applies it to the VR headset at runtime. It eliminates platform movements from the VR tracking system causing your experiences to be more immersive, authentic and has huge impact on VR sickness compensation.
- The motor control algorithm has been developed to be used strictly in simulation application. The positioning signal is analyzed and preprocessed directly by the driver, so it is possible to change all driver parameters at basically zero cost (time). Drivers parse the incoming command as soon as the command arrives. It also allows to append different types of vibrations (per actuator) on driver level.
- Motion sickness compensation thanks to telemetry data provided in real time directly by the game’s engine and immediately injected to the hardware to perform.
- Equipped with Tactile Audio Based Feedback System that can use tactile trans-ducers connected to sound card to generate additional effects on your cockpit.
- Thanks to having full control of the technology Motion Systems company can change control algorithm source code, introduce new parameters and features without waiting for 3rd party vendors. Simple software update can introduce new features to the customers.
- Motion SDK (FSMI or FSDI) for software developers is also available as an extra option. That powerful interface allows to add a motion platforms support to any application or game.
- … and many more!
What is included in the package:
- QS-220-PL motion set
◦ 2x QS-L1 - linear actuator with cup holder
◦ 1x QS-SB2 - power cabinet (control module)
◦ 1x QS-SBML-2 - motion lock cable (up-link/down-link) - 2 m long
◦ 1x Power cable - 1 pcs of 1,8m long cable for EU market / or 1 pcs of 2m long cable for USA market
- Any questions?
Free UK Delivery on QS-220-PL. Worldwide delivery available.
Free Click & Collect from our Metro Centre Sim Racing Showroom (NE11 9XW) from 2 hours of ordering.
Free Same Day Delivery to selected postcodes in Tyne & Wear, Durham & Northumberland - please contact us to confirm eligibility.
Delivery is fully trackable online and provides a 1-hour delivery window. The online DPD tracking information is sent to you prior to the delivery.
Delivery to Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands & Scottish Islands may take an additional working day.
If you have any questions, please call us or email email@example.com and we will help.
Countries Delivery Cost UK (Mainland only) & Northern Ireland FREE Scottish Highlands / Scottish Islands / Isle of Man £19.99 Republic of Ireland £19.99 Channel Islands (Jersey / Guernsey) £24.99 Germany, France, Netherlands & Belgium £19.99 Italy, Spain, Poland, Austria & Denmark £24.99 Norway/Switzerland £49.99 USA £99.99 Canada £119.99 Everywhere else Contact Us
- If you have any questions, please contact us by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Call 0333 577 1242 to speak to an Expert Sim Racer, or use our Live Chat or DM us on Messenger to chat with an Expert Sim Racer - our Sim Racing Experts are here to help you!
run By Sim Racers, For Sim Racers
Upshift is run By Sim Racers, For Sim Racers! Our team of Expert Sim Racers are here to help you with any questions you have!
FREE & FAST delivery
FREE UK delivery on most items. Immediate dispatch so your order arrives quickly and in perfect condition, using DPD and other reliable delivery companies
secure 256-BIT SSL
Shop safely. We have 256-bit SSL protection so all your payments are 100% secure