The P1-X is a very strong rig, meaning it is capable of handling the most powerful Direct Drive wheels with no flex, exactly like the Trak Racer TR160 - both the P1-X and TR160 are equally as strong & rigid. However, the TR160 is much better value for money than the P1-X. Furthermore, where the P1-X lacks in comparison to the Trak Racer TR160 is the 'turnkey setup' - the P1-X ships with no accessories, just the bare chassis; the TR160 on the other hand is a complete turnkey package, which includes brackets for a seat, seat slider, shifter mount and rubber feet, all in the price of the rig! With the P1-X, you need to order all these parts sold separately - doing so, that adds over £120 more to the cost! This highlights how good value for money the Trak Racer TR160 is in comparison. As well as this, the aluminium profiles are great for adjustments and customisation, though aesthetically are perhaps not to some people's taste.
As highlighted before, a weak point of the P1-X is that, for the money you spend, only the barebones frame is included. To get racing, you need a seat, various brackets/sliders and other plates, all of which are sold separately, which adds to the overall cost of the setup a lot.
You will need to buy a seat separately - for some people, the hassle of having to source a seat is a negative - if you are in this group, you should do for a bundle of the Trak Racer TR160 with either their GT or XL Rally style seat. For those who don't want a seat included, the TR160 and P1-X are available as chassis only, so you have unlimited freedom to decide which seat you want - you can make your setup individual and unique. There are many seats to choose from, browse a selection of them here. We recommend the Sparco Circuit II QRT Sim Racing Seat, a special sim racing version of the Circuit II seat, which is generously sized so perfect for larger-sized people; and the Circuit QRT sim racing seat is available for smaller-sized people.
1) Wheel Deck Version
- Fanatec Club Sport Wheels
- Fanatec Elite wheel series
- Fanatec Podium DD wheels DD1, DD2
- Thrustmaster wheels (T500RS, TC-PS, TS-XW, T300RS, T-GT)
- Logitech G25, G27, G29
- AccuForce V1/V2
2) Front Mounting Version
- Fanatec Club Sport Wheels
- MiGe 130ST (small, big)
- Bodnar 50 series
- Lenze MCS12 series
- SimuCube 2 Sport, Pro, Ultimate
3) Podium DD wheel Version
- Fanatec Podium DD1 & DD2 wheel
- Base structure featuring 160×40 mm aluminium profiles. Special sandwich plates lock the uprights from any movement.
- Dashboard bracket securely fixates you Servo Drive wheel (Mige, SimuCube)
- Movable seat position (can be positioned inclined)
- Steering wheel position fully adjustable
- Pedal position fully adjustable
- Side mounting point included that can be configured in different ways
- Fanatec pedals can be mounted without additional hardware. Heusinkveld pedals can be mounted without extra materials, all bolts/nuts included. Heel plate can be purchased separately.
- Different sizes of spare bolts to mount seat brackets, shifters, and pedals
- Any questions?
- If you have any questions, please contact us by Email (email@example.com), Call 0333 577 1242 to speak to an Expert Sim Racer, or use our Live Chat or DM us on Messenger to chat with an Expert Sim Racer - our Sim Racing Experts are here to help you!
run By Sim Racers, For Sim Racers
Upshift is run By Sim Racers, For Sim Racers! Our team of Expert Sim Racers are here to help you with any questions you have!
FREE & FAST delivery
FREE UK delivery on all in stock items. Fast dispatch so your order arrives quickly and in perfect condition.
secure 256-BIT SSL
Shop safely. We have 256-bit SSL protection so all your payments are 100% secure