Qubic System QS-V20 4DOF Traction Loss Motion Simulator
Special Order - please contact us for lead time
Price includes 20% UK VAT
We are excited to present the Qubic System QS-V20 4DOF Traction Loss Motion Simulator, a bespoke motion platform designed by Qubic System. The V20 is in the middle of the Qubic System product lineup, offering more degrees of freedom motion and immersion and than their QS-220-PL 3DOF Extended Set setups but not as much as their flagship QS-S25 6DOF Motion Simulator.
The below image illustrates what is included as standard with the V20:
In comparison to the 3DOF QS-220-PL based setups, the V20 is capable of providing 4DOF motion specifically incorporating traction loss, which is of great use to sim racers when trying to gauge the limit of grip on the axels of your car. With regards to flight simulation, the traction loss is equivalent to yaw.
In comparison to the 6DOF QS-S25, the V20 is not able to provide as high levels of immersion due to being restricted to 4DOF, however the fact that the V20 is substantially less expensive (around 2/3 the price) and still extremely capable means that in terms of performance:price ratio, we believe the V20 is the optimal choice for most users. The V20 is smaller and lighter than the S25, so is easier to assemble and accommodate in your home/premises.
The QS-V20 was designed for drivers looking for the most realistic simulation. The unique combination of high performance linear actuator's developed by Motion Systems and modern, adjustable accessories allow users to train and experience real racing and flight simulation. The QS-V20 provides an amazing impression to get the feeling of driving a real racing car by delivering sensation of road textures, velocity, suspension interaction feedback, engine vibrations, tactile feedback, haptic system and vehicle dynamics. Innovative technology, modular and compact design, as well as the noiseless operation makes the QS-S25 a perfect motion base not only for any professional application but also for the home users. By using dedicated software Qubic Manager the driver or pilot can feel the most realistic simulation that immediately responds to onscreen situations to deliver real life experience in gaming or VR applications. Qubic Manager contains world-class motion cueing algorithms with integrated "washout filters" to reflect the situation from virtual environment, closing the gap between simulation and reality.
QS-V20 motion platform key features:
• 4DOF motion system with TRACTION LOSS (heave, roll, pitch and yaw)
• Incredible oversteering feedback sensation
• Patent pending linear actuators technology guarantee very quiet and precise operation
• World-class advanced motion cueing algorithms with integrated "washout filters" to reflect the situation from virtual environment, closing the gap between simulation and reality
• Effective motions and vibrations that perfectly reflect the situations in the selected game or simulation application
• Comfortable and ergonomic position for the driver or pilot
• Full support of the proprietary Qubic Manager software - totally free access, no fees at any participation period
• Compact design and small footprint fits to the medium size gaming rooms, VR centers, training facilities or even home location
• More responsive and fast-moving way to push telemetry data from simulation to the hardware. • VR HeadWay technology support (motion compensation)
• Proudly made in EU: Engineered, Designed and Manufactured in Poland. Motion Systems is a global leading motion platforms manufacturer for professionals and the most demanding home users. For over 10 year the company has been designing and providing bespoke motion solutions for industry and cutting edge technology for racing and flight simulation.
Patent pending linear actuator's technology is in charge of QS-V20 hidden power. 4 degrees of freedom (heave, roll, pitch and yaw) deliver incredible oversteer experience and provide more realistic and precise driving and flying effects. Their work additionally guarantee to ensure feed precise motion inputs that very accurately represent key sensations such as traction loss, lateral g-force inputs and braking. Motor drivers have been designed by Motion Systems company to do just one job, to control the motors in vehicle simulator applications, and they rock!
Included power cabinet (control module) QS-SB2 is responsible for the power distribution and communication to handle telemetry signal processing where motion controller dispatches the commands to drivers which parse the incoming command as soon as the command arrive. The Control module sets the motion and vibration cues for each single actuator. The driver works with both 115V and 230V power network without any adapters or voltage converters. The motion platform is a modular solution that allows transport and on-site assembly using the main components. Wide range of dedicated accessories for QS-V20 allows extending unit functionality or change configurations depending on the type of required game profile. The platform is compatible with the selected Virtual Reality headsets on the market, which makes QS-V20 open to a new possibility in virtual racing with superb motion compensation feature.
QS-V20 general specification:
• Architecture: 4 DOF with TRACTION LOSS
• System performance (in Q-MODE):
◦ Heave: -5.0, 5.0 cm, 900 mm/s, limited to 0.88G*
◦ Roll: -8.5°, 8.5°, 140°/s, limited to 1500°/s²*
◦ Pitch: -5.5°, 5.5°, 40°/s, limited to 500°/s²*
◦ Yaw: -6.1°, 6.1°, 75°/s, limited to 900°/s²*
*value of acceleration is limited for safety reasons
• Vibrations frequency range: 0-100 Hz
• Max User Weight: 150 kg | 330 lb
• Product weight: 280 kg | 617 lb
• Total length: 1715 mm | 67.5 in
• Total width: 1097 mm | 43.2 in (without step)
• Total height: 1042 mm | 41 in (without step)
• Power supply requirements: 115/230 VAC Single Phase
• Average power consumption:
◦ Q-Mode: 470W (230V)
◦ Performance Mode: 210W (230V)
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 130W (230V)
• Peak power for converter specification:
◦ Q-Mode: 1390VA (230V)
◦ Performance Mode: 700VA (230V)
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 610VA (230V)
• Peak current for breaker specification:
◦ Q-Mode: 10.53A (230V)
◦ Performance Mode: 6.17A (230V)
◦ Heavy Duty Mode: 4.38A (230V)
• Connection: USB
Even the most advanced hardware is nothing without a good software. Qubic Manager by Motion Systems company is a professional and specialized software for the platform and is click and play compatible with all major racing and flight titles on PC and constantly updated to support new applications as they are released. Gives the user possibilities of motion adjustments, motion post-processing, extensive diagnostic or easy and fast use of predefined profiles. The Qubic Manager is a powerful engine, yet being simple to use. You can adjust levels of motion, the intensity of bumps, roll and pitch and more with a click of a button. Qubic Manager software license is free-of-charge.
Few main features:
• Delivers world-class advanced motion cueing system with integrated "washout filters" to reflect the situation from virtual environment, closing the gap between simulation and reality.
• Most popular, already integrated and supported racing and flight games and professional simulation applications.
• Included VR Headway technology uses advanced mathematic formulas to calculate necessary compensation and applies it to the VR headset at runtime. It eliminates platform movements from the VR tracking system causing your experiences to be more immersive, authentic and has huge impact on VR sickness compensation.
• The motor control algorithm has been developed to be used strictly in simulation application. The positioning signal is analyzed and pre-processed directly by the driver, so it is possible to change all driver parameters at basically zero cost (time). Drivers parse the incoming command as soon as the command arrives. It also allows to append different types of vibrations (per actuator) on driver level.
• Motion sickness compensation thanks to telemetry data provided in real time directly by the game’s engine and immediately injected to the hardware to perform.
• Equipped with Tactile Audio Based Feedback System that can use tactile transducers connected to sound card to generate additional effects on your cockpit.
• Thanks to having full control of the technology Motion Systems company can change control algorithm source code, introduce new parameters and features without waiting for 3rd party vendors. Simple software update can introduce new features to the customers
• Motion SDK (FSMI or FSDI) for software developers is also available as an extra option. That powerful interface allows to add a motion platforms support to any application or game
• … and many more!